Earn Money for Your Association and Improve Public Safety by Painting Fire Hydrants in Your Neighborhood
Is your neighborhood association looking for a way to tidy up the neighborhood and earn some money? City Utilities will pay your association $5 for each fire hydrant within your neighborhood that you paint this summer. Associations may participate in the paining program once in a five year period.
City Utilities will provide “hydrant yellow” paint and other supplies needed and can show you what to do. A fresh coat of bright yellow paint makes hydrants more visible to fire fighters when they need to find them at night, when it’s raining or when there is snow on the ground.
A check will be issued to the association after the locations of painted hydrants are submitted and verified. Payment will only be made to neighborhood associations, not to individuals.
Please call 311 or see our flyer for more information and to get involved.
For more information, contact City Utilities today!
Water Maintenance and Service Department
Or call the Fort Wayne Citizen Services Department at 311 or 260-427-8311
Program runs May – September
Hydrants must be painted and submitted for payment by Nov 1
Getting Started Here are the steps you need to take:
- Contact City Utilities before you paint
- City Utilities will arrange for your association to pick up paint and wire brushes for preparing the hydrant surface – you will need to provide paint brushes
- Keep track of the location of each hydrant you paint
- Submit a list with the location or address of each hydrant painted
- City Utilities will send a check to your association (checks will not be issued to individuals)