The Honeysuckle Water System provides drinking water for the Honeysuckle subdivision, serving over 45 homes just north of Leo near Spencerville. The system relies on two groundwater wells owned and operated by Fort Wayne City Utilities. To keep the water supply safe, the wells sit in the middle of a 500-acre, 1.1-mile diameter (3000’ radius) Wellhead Protection Area that was approved by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM).
Honeysuckle Water Quality Reports
Each year, City Utilities publishes an annual water quality report for the Honeysuckle Water System. The report is required by the government and contains water quality information from the previous calendar year.
To view or download the reports (PDF format), use the links below:
- 2022 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2021 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2020 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2019 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2018 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2017 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
- 2016 Honeysuckle Water System Water Quality Report
Honeysuckle Homeowners: You Can Help Protect Your Water
Whenever chemicals touch the soil—things like fertilizer, weed killer, gasoline, or diesel fuel—they could pollute your groundwater wells.
But you can help protect your water supply in three easy steps:
- Know your numbers: Use the right amount of fertilizer and other yard chemicals. Measure your yard and follow the package instructions so you know how much is enough.
- Use safe storage and disposal: Safely store and dispose of household chemicals (including extra fertilizer or weed killer). Never dump chemicals onto the ground, into a creek, or down a drain.
- Report leaks and spills: Call City Utilities at (260) 427-6054 to report chemical leaks or fuel spills. If you see a leak or spill that you think could threaten public health or safety, dial 911 immediately.
Get the Fact Sheets
The more you know about your water supply, the easier it is to do your part and keep your water safe.
That’s why City Utilities and IDEM developed several downloadable fact sheets and other materials with tips and information about protecting your Honeysuckle system groundwater wells and aquifer: