Permits for Industries Discharging Wastewater
City Utilities issues permits for certain industries that are regulated by the Clean Water Act.
- Industrial Pretreatment requirements and general information on wastewater effluent limitations may be found in Fort Wayne’s Sewer Use Ordinance — Chapter 51 of the Municipal Code.
- Other IPS requirements are found in the Water Pollution Control (sewer) Utility General Rules and Regulations and in the Enforcement Response Plan.
- The City of Fort Wayne has also adopted guidelines for Resolving Compliance Disputes.
- Stormwater Protection documents:
Reporting & Compliance Forms
The reporting and compliance forms below may be downloaded and saved to your computer, then filled in, printed, and mailed back to City Utilities.
- Accidental Discharge/Unanticipated Bypass Report (WPCP-FCD-0007)
- Compliance Monitoring Report (CMR) (WPCP-FCD-0008 – revised 10.10.22)
- Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) (WPCP-FCD-0009)
- Toxic Organic Management Plan Application (WPCP-FCD-0004)
- Industrial Wastewater Questionnaire (IWQ) (WPCP-FCD-0005 – revised 10.10.22)
- Industrial User Wastewater Survey & Permit Application (WPCP-FCD-0006 – revised 10.10.22)
- Chain of Custody Form (WPCP-FCD-012)
- TOMP Semi-Annual Certification Form (WPCP-FCD-0074)
- Industry pH Calibration Record Sheet (WPCP-FCD-0077)
- Pretreatment Upset Form (WPCP-FCD-0078)
Fort Wayne City Utilities
200 East Berry Street, Suite 130
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Questions about Industrial Pretreatment requirements may be directed to the Fort Wayne Water Pollution Control Plant by calling 260-427-1271.