Did you know you can help to reduce pollution in your own home—and it’s easy? We’ve collected a number of ideas below to get you started.
- Take a Clear Choices Clean Water action pledge — Make a difference!
- Properly dispose of Household Hazardous Waste.
- Rinse out water-based (latex) paint brushes in the sink or dispose of them in the trash.
- Avoid using oil-based paint if possible. If you do use oil-based paint, properly dispose of the unused portion.
- Learn about mercury pollution and how to prevent it.
- Properly dispose of unused medication.
- Keep oil and grease out of the drain.
- Take proper precautions when cleaning your carpet and disposing of the waste water.