Click here to pay your bill on-line.
City Utilities bills are available in large print or Braille for persons with a visual impairment. Ask for these or other accommodations from Customer Support.
City Utilities has two kiosks where payments can be made. Our outside kiosk is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and is located on the exterior wall of Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry Street. The second kiosk is inside Citizens square and is available during business hours. Payments made to both kiosks are applied to your account in real-time.
Contact Us by Phone
- Call Customer Support at (260) 427-1234 on Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- English, Spanish, and Burmese speaking representatives are available.
Services Available from Customer Support
- Start or terminate water and/or sewer service
- To begin new water service with Fort Wayne City Utilities, please call Customer Support at 260-427-1234 or sign up on-line.
- Service turn-ons are completed as appointments are available.
- Bill payment arrangements/extensions
- Utility account information
Have questions about your bill, stormwater fees, sewer back-ups, and other utility-related issues? Find answers to our most frequently asked questions here!
We are available by phone Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
Our phone number is 260-427-1234.
City Utilities customers can pay by calling (260) 427-1234 and following the prompts to make a payment by phone. Payments can also be made online or in person at our self-service kiosks located at 200 E. Berry Street, Suite 130 at Citizens Square. All payments post immediately to your account.
Payments can also be mailed along with the remittance slip from your bill to:
PO Box 4632
Carol Stream, IL 60197
Mailed checks do not post immediately. Please allow 10 business days for your check to be received and processed.
In continued efforts to improve customer service, City Utilities has partnered with Walmart to allow customers to pay their water bills near where they live.
Customers can now pay their bill at any Walmart store in Fort Wayne, which will post immediately to their account. Customers will need to have their utility bill or 15-digit account number to make the cash-only payment at Walmart. The store will charge a $2.00 convenience fee.
Customers can now pay at any of the five Walmart stores in the area.
- Walmart Supercenter – 7502 N. Southtown Crossing
- Walmart Supercenter – 1710 Apple Glen Boulevard
- Walmart Supercenter – 5311 Coldwater Road
- Walmart Supercenter – 10105 Lima Road
- Walmart Supercenter – 10420 Maysville Road
You may call 260-427-1234 and follow the prompts to hear your account balance. You can also view your balance through the City Utilities payment portal. You will need the account number and the last four digits of the social security number or the person listed on the account.
If your water bill is higher than you expected or higher than usual, consider some of the following possible causes:
- Have you been watering your lawn or outdoor plants more than usual?
- Do you have a pool that you recently filled?
- Have more people moved into your household or have you had guests? Adding people to a household can cause water usage to go up.
- Another reason for an unexpectedly high bill is a water leak. Learn how to find and fix water leaks in your home.
Sewer bills are based on water consumption. If you have a well for water but you have sanitary sewer service from Fort Wayne City Utilities, you will be charged a flat rate for your monthly sewer bill. See City Utilities’ Sewer Rates.
The sewer bill is based on water consumption that has flowed through the meter. There is no way we can distinguish between water that has been used for domestic use and water that has been used for watering the customer’s lawn. Therefore, no adjustments for watering the customer lawn shall be given. We suggest that a separate water only system such as a sprinkling system is installed.
There are variables on this depending on each household and circumstance. If you have any questions, please call Customer Support at 260-427-1234.
The stormwater fee is charged to all of our customers who are considered in the City. Even though you may not have storm sewers directly on your property, the water will eventually reach our storm drains. The fees are used to maintain the storm drains.
To report a sewer backup problem, you may call Fort Wayne Citizen Services Center by dialing 311. For after hour calls, please listen to the prompts to be forwarded to the appropriate department.
14. Why do I have to fix the pipes and/or leaks in my yard? Isn't that the utilities' responsibility?
We are responsible for the main line all the way to the curb stop. The customer is responsible from the curb stop to the residence and all problems that stem from there. We do service the water meter that is located at the residence.