September 15, 2021 – This month, artists will be painting storm drain murals throughout the City, reminding residents to protect our waterways by keeping pollutants out of the storm drains. With more than 20,000 storm drains throughout our community, drains are the neighborhood gateways to our rivers. Clean Drains Fort Wayne is a collaboration between Friends of the Rivers and Fort Wayne City Utilities that merges culture and the environment to remind everyone they play a role in protecting our waterways.
Thirty-three murals are being painted throughout the community beginning today through next Sunday, September 19, 2021. Below is a list of locations.
- 1307 N Wells, by Great Panes Glass and bus stop
- 1638 wells corner, by GI Joes and mural
- 1830 So Calhoun in Front of Oyster Bar
- 701 Columbia, west side of Conjure Coffee
- Alley on Harrison St. between W. Columbia St. & W. Main St.
- Broadway, on the sidewalk in front of Georges International Market and bus hut
- Firefly Parking Lot, 3523 No Anthony
- Front of Do It Best, 1642 N Wells
- Georgetown Library Parking Lot, 6600 E State
- Indiana Tech, Pierson Hall Parking Lot, 1600 E Washington
- Main St. in front of Artlink
- Main St. in front of Freimann Square
- Main St. in front of Arts United Center
- NE corner of Creighton and Fairfield by Fairfield Manor
- NE corner of Dewald and Harrison by St Pats Catholic Church
- NE Corner of E. Main St. & S. Clinton St.
- NE corner of Wells and Second Street by Don Chaves and Wells Corridor sign
- NW corner of Pontiac and Lillie St by Bottle Works Lofts
- NW corner of Sherman and Florence, byLittle Turtle Library,
- Pontiac Library Parking Lot, 2215 S. Hanna
- S. Harrison St. at the entrance of the south mural-filled alleyway by Visit Fort Wayne
- SE Corner at McKinnie and Anthony by Faces of the Fort mural
- SE corner of Allen County Courthouse (NW Corner of Berry St. & Clinton St.
- SE corner of Pontiac and Smith Street, by Pontiac Mall
- SE corner of S. Harrison St. & W. Berry St.
- SE corner of W Foster Parkway and So Wayne, in front of Friendly Fox
- SW Corner of Allen County Courthouse (NE Corner of Berry St. & S. Calhoun St.)
- SW corner of Berry & Barr St. – completed
- SW corner of E. Main St. & S. Calhoun St.
- SW corner of St Joe River Dr/No Anthony intersection
- Tecumseh Library Parking lot, 1411 E State Blvd
- W. Main St. & Harmony Ct. (S. side of the road)
- W. Superior St. & Wells St.
This year’s Clean Drains Fort Wayne will culminate with a free Be River SmART: Clean Drains Fort Wayne Fest on World Rivers Day, Sunday, September 26, 2021, Promenade Park from noon to 4 pm.
For more information, visit: https://forfw.org/clean-drains-fort-wayne/